Hi Seamonkey,
It was nice to see you today 'in your element' in the Unitarian church choir. My mother, my sister, and I turned up for the Mother's Day service.
I was hoping to see you afterwards because it would have been nice to introduce you and D to my mother, but I guess you choirsters have important things to go and do after you sing.
I was hoping to see you afterwards because it would have been nice to introduce you and D to my mother, but I guess you choirsters have important things to go and do after you sing.
-Morganizer
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Morganizer,
Actually, few people are aware of what happens in the private lives of choir singers. In fact, few people ask. No-one would guess, peering up at us from his position on the lowly floor, at what arcane secrets- what tra-la-la-lallys and lo-ro-ro-ros - lurk just beneath the larynx of the most innocuous member. Our lingo is so esoteric as to be inaccessible to those not in the know; yet the choirmistress has only to whisper, "klangfarbenmelodie!" or "tessitura!" to unleash the fury of a million (about fifty) voices! Thus I am not surprised that you find my disappearance disappointing and perhaps even a little bit deeply unsettling. I am afraid I cannot disclose the location of our stronghold, nor the secret of the perfectly chewy oatmeal cookie. But be reassured: it's not over till the fat lady sings, and people clap for a while, and then slowly file out and go to their cars, and drive home and play with the kids, and eat dinner and brush their teeth and go to bed, and eventually die.
Hope that sets your mind at rest.
-Seamonkey
No comments:
Post a Comment