A Tom Swifty is a word game wherein the way something is said puns on its content. I've composed a few of my own:
"I hate taking the train!" he railed.
"My period just started," she gushed.
"I want to keep that veal nice and moist," he lambasted.
"Oranges aren't the only fruit," she said with aplomb.
"And one plus one is two," he added.
"Check out my knife!" she said sharply.
"Whale fat for sale!" she blubbered.
"Who cut the head off the gecko?" he echoed.
"Let me help you put those trousers on," she panted.
"I gave all the prisoners a quiz," he contested.
"Come to the rear of the ship," she said sternly.
"My fingers feel like ice," he said with a touch of coldness.
"My paintings are worth more every year," she said with appreciation.
One of these days I'll have to explain my theory of how puns and paradox work on the same principle of symbolic ambiguity.
Monday, January 22, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment