Now that violence has been banished from my conscious thought, it begins to monopolize my dreaming life. In my dreams my body is shredded with muddy glass; a row of mutilated kitten heads sits in my home; there are poisonous hooks in my belly. My old personality also has been run underground. Last night I dreamed that D&D threw another party, and instead of being halfway functional and pleasant I had reverted to a semi-catatonic withdrawal.
Unless I want to chase these spectres around my body and mind indefinitely like a Whac-A-Mole from hell, I'm going to have to address the Underlying Issues. The Law of the Conservation of Neuroses* unfortunately precludes a direct approach. Hurry up, CBT waitlist!
*The Law states that the total amount of neurotic energy in an isolated individual must remain constant; only its form can change.
Sunday, January 7, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment