Saturday, December 16, 2006

The results are in,

I'm an idiot. In my short life I've learned that:

#1. If I don't know the answer to something, I should keep my damned mouth shut.
#2. If I haven't really been listening to someone talk and they look at me as though I should say something, I should nod encouragingly and not respond with some utter non-sequitur.
#3. If for some reason I break rule #1, I should not run to my computer to research the extent of my mistake.
#4. If I break rule #2, I should not try to extract my foot from my mouth by attempting to construct a bridge between the irrelevancy I've just spouted and the legitimate topic.

Well, those all went out the window today. The only thing I didn't defenestrate was myself, though that strategy did cross my mind. I guess I still have a lot to learn.

No comments: